Re: Signal handling problem in libcurl

From: Jamie Lokier <jamie_at_shareable.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:53:26 +0100

Yang Tse wrote:
> I think it would be better to let the configure process check for the
> alarm function, and allow setup.h to undefine its usage if required.

If there are known architectures which run configure and where alarm
shouldn't be used, even though there's an alarm function, then I think
it would be better to put that in the autoconf test. Something like
"checking if alarm is usable" or something. That would make the
autoconf more useful for other projects, and is similar to some other
autoconf tests.

-- Jamie