Re: [Patch] Disable multi API support

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:17:11 -0700

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 06:49:52PM +0200, Daniel Egger wrote:
> Again all relevant test cases pass on x86_64 linux except for the ones
> using the multi interface which I had to disable manually. I can work out
> a patch that skips those automatically if the --disable-multi is used if
> desired.

There are a couple of other compile-time switches that change the behaviour
of curl in various nonstandard ways that are also not automatically detected
by the test harness. Since these are used so seldom and only in specialized
applications, I don't think it's worthwhile making them be detected
automatically. Instead, just make the test harness skip these tests by
keyword. For example:

  make test TEST_Q='-a -p !multi'

should skip the multi-interface using tests. There are a couple that don't
have the multi keyword set yet, but those could be added by your patch.

>>> Dan