Re: curl_easy_perform with CURLOPT_NOBODY = 1 returns 0 when ftp file does not exist.

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:39:57 -0700

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:06:54PM -0400, Wei Weng wrote:
> Carlos Alloatti wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dan,
> >
> > thank you for your response and for taking some time to check out my problem.
> >
> > Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't see the relation between your
> > test conditions and the problem I described. I had to check out what
> > the -l option means, since I have only used the libcurl library, and
> > this is what I could find:
> >

> > I may be wrong of course, and for shure there must be something that
> > I' am not seeing, after all, I have been playing with the libcurl
> > library for about week only.
> >

> I made a small program,

Using this program, I found that adding the line

                 curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_FILETIME, 1L);

(which the curl command-line client does) in both cases made the two
cases both behave the same in returning error 19. It looks like the
NOBODY case ignores the error it gets when sending the SIZE command,
but in the FILETIME case the MDTM command returns an error which IS passed
through to the app. Sounds to me like an inconsistency that doesn't
have a good reason to be.

>>> Dan