libcurl.framework.make Question

From: AG <ag_at_wavemetrics.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:32:46 -0700

I need to create a universal static library or a universal framework
on 10.5.4.

I downloaded curl-7.19.0 and ran configure. When I try to run
        make build -e -f libcurl.framework.make
I get a bunch of undefined symbols including: _ldap_memfree,
_ldap_free_urldesc, _ldap_simple_bind_s, _ldap_get_dn, etc.

My questions are: does anyone know what steps are necessary for
successful compile of the framework or alternatively, does anyone have
an XCode project for compiling this as a static library?

TIA,

AG