Re: Problem using curl easy Milli Seconds time out options ...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:26:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Yang Tse wrote:

>> Is this a problem caused by version mismatch , my lib curl version is
>> curl-7.17.0 and c-ares-1.5.3.
>
> libcares.pc should give you the info needed to "use" / "link with" that
> c-ares version.

But (lib)curl's configure script doesn't use this properly, does it? As I
remember it, we don't see this particular problem much because modern libcurl
verions are already using that same function so it is already using the
correct lib when it links with c-ares.

Mukul Kedare gets this problem because he uses an old libcurl with a new
c-ares...