Re: cannot connect to server in a subthread

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 20:00:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Michael Helmich wrote:

> I'm having a very strange problem when using curl in a multithreaded program
> on Solaris 9. When i'm accessing a certain server only in a subthread,
> curl_easy_perform() returns 7 ("Couldn't connect to server"), whereas when
> i'm accessing the same server only in the main thread (or first in the main
> thread and afterwards in the subthread), everything works fine. Connections
> to other servers work in a subthread as well as in the main thread. What
> could be the cause of such a behavior?

I've not seen or heard anyone report this kind of problem before, and I know
I've done that thing on Linux many times with no troubles. I think it might
suggest it being a Solaris specific problem. Have you tried the Solaris
threads API and seen if that produces the same problem?

I must admit I haven't played on a Solaris box in a while so I've not tried
this approach myself on any Solaris version.