Re: cannot connect to server in a subthread

From: Michael Helmich <dbrepairman_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:06:52 +0200

Patrick Monnerat wrote:
> This is at least needed for the calling application !!! :-)
> Perhaps Michael can tell on this list if he had to also recompile
> libcurl or not...
I recompiled libcurl with -DNEED_REENTRANT, not my application. After getting the hint about REENTRANT from Patrick, I searched the curl sources for this text and found some #ifdefs around variables called NEED_REENTRANT and _REENTRANT. So I did a rebuild of libcurl with CFLAGS set to -DNEED_REENTRANT. Afterwards my application worked fine (i.e. it got a connection in a subthread) without recompiling it, at least not with the option -DNEED_REENTRANT.

Michael