Re: compiling libcurl on AIX 5.3

From: benoy m <benoy6751_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:43:33 -0500

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Luiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes <
luiz_at_xharbour.com.br> wrote:

> Hi
>
> yes
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr

Well, that is how i originally installed curl, but for some reason the
libcurl.so is not created in my /lib directory. All I have is: libcurl.la,
libcurl.a and another directory called pkgconfig, which contains
libcurl.pc. Shouldn't it create a libcurl.so file in the prefix/lib
directory? That is what I meant when I asked if there is some argument that
can be passed into ./configure to create this file. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Thanks,

benoy