Re: memory does not freed in windows

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:16:24 -0700

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:14:28PM +0200, Meir Yanovich wrote:
> Hello all sorry for my bad english
> im new to curl and im using it in my application to get info from web
> pages , the thing is
> im connecting to allot of pages and retrieves information from them .
> i notice that every time im
> in the line (part of the curl init as you already know ) :
> // Attempt to retrieve the remote page
> result = curl_easy_perform(m_pcurl);
> i getting another ~500k in the mem usage ( i see it in the windows task bar )
> that even after im using the command :
> curl_easy_cleanup(m_pcurl);
> it cleans me something like ~40k so i left with 450k that keeps added
> to the memory each time
> i do request with curl .

curl doesn't even use 500 KB when it's operating, so this memory leak must
be caused by something else. What is the size of the data that you're
downloading? Could it be about 450 KB? You don't show all your code,
but I don't see anywhere that the m_szbuffer member is being freed or
cleared. You should also call curl_global_cleanup when you're trying to
find sources of memory usage. Which version of libcurl are you using?
Memory leaks are occasionally found and fixed in more recent versions.

>>> Dan