RE: curl binary OK libcurl NOK

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:27:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Robert Thorhuus wrote:

(Please try to not top-post, it hampers readbility.)

> This is the verbose output from curl command:
> * About to connect() to proxy my.proxy.se port 8080 (#0)
> * Trying 153.88.253.11... connected
> * Connected to my.proxy.se (153.88.253.11) port 8080 (#0)
>
> As you can see I can connect via the curl command but not via the API. This
> is strange and my only guess is that the fault is in building the libcurl.

Didn't you also build the curl binary? Or are you saying that you're using
curl from somewhere else and the libcurl build is the only one you did
yourself?

On what platform is this?

> What does 'curl -x my.proxy.se:8080 www.google.se' do API wise?
> Is it only:
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_PROXY, "my.proxy.se:8080");
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "www.google.se");
> res = curl_easy_perform(curl);
> curl_easy_cleanup(curl);

Yes.

Well the curl tool does set a few other options as well (curl --libcurl shows
them all), but those are the only ones that matters to this case.