Re: can curllib tell me the new url when it gets redirected?

From: Jan de Lint <jg.de.lint_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:17:28 +0200

Daniel Stenberg schreef:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Jan de Lint wrote:
>
>> What would be the difference between
>> CURLOPT_EFFECTIVE_URL and
>> CURLOPT_REDIRECT_URL (which was added later)
>
> Did you honestly read the docs and not understand the difference?

Yes, still not clear to me, sorry. Should I experiment to determine the
difference?
I used to use the CURLOPT_EFFECTIVE_URL to obtain the resulting URL
after redirect.
This did not work reliable in all versions of libcurl however. Hence my
question.
I guess I can use either now. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
]an