Re: [Patch] Disable multi API support

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:52:04 -0700

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 09:38:23AM +0300, Tetetest wrote:
> API consistency is only needed for dynamically-loaded libraries (DLL,
> .so, .dylib or whatever). For statically-linked libcurl there is
> absolutely no need to retain multi-API if it is not used. Static libs
> by their design cannot cause incompatibility problems for other
> applications. Thus, Daniel's patch is perfectly applicable to static
> libcurl builds - and it's very desired, too! (at least by me).

When linking with static libs, the linker will not include modules that
aren't used. So most of the multi functions will be automatically excluded
with no changes to the libcurl ABI. Some things could possibly be
rearranged slightly in the source to give the linker more leeway in this,
though.

>>> Dan