Re: UML diagram (was RE: SSL and basic authentication.)

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:30:46 -0700

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 03:01:40PM +0100, Patrick Monnerat wrote:
> I do not know if there is a tool that can GENERATE an UML diagram from
> the sources, but I can recommend "dia"
> (http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/) as a GUI to edit it. In particular,
> it features an UML symbol library, stores the design in an XML file and
> can be used in command line mode to generate the corresponding png image
> file.

I used dia to generate that diagram. I can mail the source to anyone who
wants to take it on. There are tools out there that can reverse engineer
the data model from source code (e.g. Rational Rose, even Doxygen),
but I haven't played with them much. I'm not sure whether they'll work with
C source or just C++.

>>> Dan