Re: libcurl in Xcode (for Mac OS X)

From: Theodore H. Smith <delete_at_elfdata.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:45:58 +0000

On 3 Nov 2008, at 18:41, Yang Tse wrote:

> 2008/11/3, Theodore H.Smith wrote:
>

>> Has anyone managed to set up libcurl in Xcode for Mac OS X? I can't
>> seem to
>> get it compiling.
>>
>> Firstly, I have no idea what files to be adding or not.
>
> On Mac OS X you must run configure to generate config.h files

I did that already. I still had the same problems listed here:

I tried adding everything in lib and src. That didn't work. So I set
up header paths to lib, src, and include. that helped, but there were
a few problems left, so I had to add config.h as a prefix header.

That helped a lot, but some stuff still didn't work, so I had to
delete a few lines from the config header. That got it compiling, but
then the linker found duplicate main function. So I removed main.c
that came with curl.

That helped, but then I found tons of link errors to do with ssl
missing.

Really I'm stuck there. And I have no idea if I did the right thing
already.

Does anyone know how to get libcurl compiling in Xcode?

I'm trying to fix a bug in libcurl because we need this urgently. This
bug makes NTLM unusable for us.

Here are the link errors:

  "_PKCS12_free", referenced from:
      _ossl_connect_common in ssluse.o
      _ossl_connect_common in ssluse.o
  "_SSLv3_client_method", referenced from:
      _ossl_connect_common in ssluse.o
  "_SSL_write", referenced from:
      _Curl_ossl_send in ssluse.o
  "_ENGINE_set_default", referenced from:
      _Curl_ossl_set_engine_default in ssluse.o
  "_SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey", referenced from:
      _ossl_connect_common in ssluse.o
      _ossl_connect_common in ssluse.o
  "_ASN1_STRING_to_UTF8", referenced from:
      _servercert in ssluse.o
  "_SSL_set_session", referenced from:
      _ossl_connect_common in ssluse.o
  "_ldap_get_values_len", referenced from:
      _Curl_ldap in ldap.o
  "_inflateInit2_", referenced from:
      _inflate_stream in content_encoding.o
      _Curl_unencode_gzip_write in content_encoding.o
.... etc etc etc

ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Seriously, is there any help on this? Do I have to fumble around in
the dark or has anyone compiled libcurl in Xcode before?