Uninstall curl !!

From: Piyush Soni <psoni6_at_mail.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 07:31:08 -0500

Hi,

I looked on the web FAQs etc., but didn't find anywhere the official process
of "complete" removal of curl from the system. I'm using RHEL 4 and had some
7.12 version on it. Since it was giving problem with some other
software(xml-rpc), I tried to install 7.19 on top of it(the latest version).
But even that didn't work, so I thought of removing all versions and put
7.15.5 on it. But I don't know how to do it.

I looked somewhere,

rpm -q curl

Then it will give the exact version /name of curl installed. So even if I
had 7.19.0 installed on my system, it gave some 7.12 name, which I used in
this command:

rpm -e nodeps <the output of previous command>

Now, it should have removed curl completely from the system, but it doesn't.
When I type curl -version now, it gives me 7.19.0

Again, if I type now rpm -q curl, it says that the package is not installed.
I don't know now if it is installed or not, but when I search for curl files
on the system, there are a LOT of it!

Is there no clean way?

Thanks!

Piyush Soni