Signal handling issues with libcurl ?
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 06:34:07 -0800
Following is the problem scenario:
- Native C library that makes of libcurl for HTTP/HTTPS communication
- We have a JNI and java API around this library, for providing Java API
- We have a java code using the above Java API and within this code, we
have signal handler (using sun.misc.SignalHandler) for SIGPIPE.
- Before invoking native code (which internally calls libcurl API), this
signal handler works fine and JVM does not crash when SIGPIPE signal is
- But, once the native code is called, the Java signal handler is not
working and not catching SIGPIPE any more. JVM just crashes. Looks like,
it is set to SIG_DFL.
Is libcurl modifies the signal handling behavior and does not restore
back to the original signal handling behavior of the application?
I read through about CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL option. Does setting this flag to
1 help anyway?
Appreciate your help and early responses on this.
Thanks a lot.
Received on 2008-11-05