Re: 401 response bodies carried over

From: Troy Davisson <troy.davisson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 17:10:31 -0500

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> Can you repeat this with a recent version? If so, can you provide us with
> the source code to a small app that does?

No, I haven't been able to. The functionality is built into an open
source project I maintain and was reported by a user running
libcurl/7.10.6 (and I've seen it before myself but I don't remember
what version I was running), but I have a box running libcurl/7.12.1
now which doesn't seem affected. That user's been able to upgrade
their version which has fixed the issue for them, but I didn't know if
this was a feature of curl that had a default changed at some point or
what.

If I had the choice between explaining to someone that they need to
upgrade curl or simply having another setopt in the code, I'd choose
the latter if it was an option but it doesn't appear to be based on
your response.

I'll keep looking through the changelog to see if I can understand
what might have changed that caused a change in behavior so I can nail
down the curl dependency to a specific version.

Thanks for your time!

- Troy