Re: libcurl and 'streamed' transfers

From: Apurva Mehta <apurva_at_mathmeth.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:50:48 -0800

Hello again,

On Nov 11, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Sounds entirely feasable and not too hard to do with libcurl's multi
> interface.
>
> You'll only need to pause the download when your memory pool is
> filled up, and you'll want to pause the upload if you run out of
> memory buffer. libcurl supports these things already.

   I have a question about using the curl_multi interface with a
shared memory pool as mentioned above. Is curl_multi internally
multithreaded? In other words, does it spawn a thread for each
transfer? I expect that it does, but could not find confirmation by
searching online. It is relevant to this use-case because it will mean
that the memory pool I use will have to be thread safe if curl_multi
is internally multithreaded.

Thanks,
Apurva