Re: CWD Definitive Help Please

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 22:46:07 -0800

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 05:34:16PM +1300, Timothy Roughton wrote:
> I'm stuck on step 1, no matter what I throw at libcurl it won't CWD and
> won't list the new directory, could someone show me a clear example of a
> persistent (constant just in case I used the wrong word) connection
> changing Up and Down the directory structure, without having to
> disconnect and log back in with the new path appended to the url.

libcurl will keep the connection up as long as possible. Only if the server
(or the app) closes the connection should it have to login again. Any simple
ftp example program will show this. Try changing ftpget.c to call
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL...) and curl_easy_perform again after the
first one and you'll see. If you're having specific problems with this,
please show us some log output and your code.

>>> Dan