Re: Identification of ftp directory tree

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:37:14 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Timothy Roughton wrote:

Please don't reply to an existing mail when you start a new thread. It breaks
threading.

> I've been looking over the "curl_easy_setopt()" options I'm having
> trouble trying to figure out how to identify a file from a folder,

Welcome to FTP. A protocol far too old and stupid to make this very easy! At
least if you want to play by the RFC959 (the original FTP spec) rules.

In more modern days they shipped RFC 3659[*] that defines the commands MLST
and MLSD that seems like a good idea to use (together with
CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST). If your server supports them.

[*] = http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3659#section-7