Re: How to provoke 407/401 in regerssion tests? (was: Re: Obtaining realm)

From: Josef Wolf <jw_at_raven.inka.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:13:39 +0100

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 02:03:47PM -0800, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:36:39PM +0100, Josef Wolf wrote:
> > Sorry for the late response. While the main patch seems to (mostly)
> > work, I got somewhat stuck with the regression test and I have not
> > found the time yet to dive deeply enough into the test architecture
> > to see how to integrate the new test. I just can't figure out how
> > to provoke 407/401 responses with retries from the test infrastructure.
>
> proxytunnel tests are odd in that the test number is given in the port
> number argument of the "remote" URL instead of within the URL itself.
> Instead of program arguments like:
>
> http://%HOSTIP:%HTTPSPORT/560 %HOSTIP:%HTTPPORT
>
> try something like:
>
> http://anything:560/ %HOSTIP:%HTTPPORT

Thanks for the hint Dan, but I still don't get it. I have put this in
the test description:

  # tool is what to use instead of 'curl'
  <tool>
    lib560
  </tool>
  <command>
    http://anything:560/ %HOSTIP:%HTTPPORT
  </command>

the test case constructs this request header (for the proxy) from this:

  CONNECT anything:560 HTTP/1.0
  Host: anything:560
  Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

Note that there's no proxy-credentials included (since I want to test
the 407 response here). So the proxy should respond with a 407.
Instead, I get this response:

  HTTP/1.1 200 OK

> Also note that there's a test 560 already--561 is still free if you hurry!

Yeah, at the time I started creating the test case, 560 was not existing.
I will keep updating, of course.