Re: Need --enable-libcares

From: Carlo Wood <carlo_at_alinoe.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:15:01 +0100

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:23:45PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Carlo Wood wrote:
>
>> We need libcurl to use libcares (which was added to debian due to our
>> efforts).
>
> Not that this is strictly a subject for us, but as far as I know it was
> added to the debian package and then quickly reverted again due to
> problems that were being reported. Currently the libcurl packages on
> debian are not c-ares powered.

I'm sorry - I guess I mailed the wrong list. I intended to mail
the debian maintainer of the package.

[...]
> Why would it matter if we enable it by default or not? You can easily
> just switch it on if you care about it!

You can't demand from users the download source, configure it with
some new option, recompile and install a package just to get another
package to work correctly. We need a *binary* distribution with
this option turned on. But you are right, it's strictly a debian
issue and I'll try to find out who the maintainer of the package
is (unless you can tell me).

--
Carlo Wood <carlo_at_alinoe.com>