Re: Link problems under OpenVMS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:11:42 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, HERMIDA PARAMIO Francisco wrote:

> When I try to link it against library CURLLIB.OLB_NOSSL I get 2 undefined
> symbols:
>
> %LINK-W-NUDFSYMS, 2 undefined symbols:
> %LINK-I-UDFSYM, DECC$INET_NTOP
> %LINK-I-UDFSYM, DECC$STRTOK_R

> These are 2 functions of C RTL. Do you now the minimun version of C compiler
> required to use libcurl in VMS?. I use DEC C V5.7-004 on OpenVMS Alpha V7.1

Such VMS-specific details are not often discussed here so I really have no
idea about this. I know basically nothing about VMS.

But how can this be a compiler version issue? If the lib ("C RTL") you use
provide these functions, why doesn't the linker simply see those symbols and
link your program fine?