Re: curl_easy_perform() return error code 6 (CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 14:28:14 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009, palkeo wrote:

> On my PC where i developed the program, i use Gentoo, and on my server,
> Debian stable.
> When i have started the binary on my server at the first time, libcurl.so.4
> were absent (i had only libcurl.so.3), then i have compiled & installed the
> same version of curl my gentoo have (7.18.2).
> I am resolving IPv4 addresses, i am not using C-Ares, when i use numeric ip
> addresses, it works. It works also with "localhost".

I'd say that if curl is using the very same lib as your app does, and curl
works but your app doesn't, it indicates that your app is doing something bad
that destroys for libcurl. I can't really tell what though since it sounds
very odd to me. Have you verified that your program is clean memory-wise with
valgrind or similar?

If you just build a sample from the libcurl examples dir and link that against
your libcurl, does that produce a working app?