Re: CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION doesn't work?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 23:37:11 -0800

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 02:01:18AM -0500, A. Craig West wrote:
> I am currently having a problem with libcurl while trying to get an
> https: site through a proxy server (which happens to use NTLM
> authentication). While debugging the problem with Wireshark, I noticed
> that although I am calling:
> curl_easy_setopt(ch, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1);
> libcurl is still using HTTP/1.0 in the request it is sending, and I
> strongly suspect that the request is not actually a valid HTTP 1.0
> request. I haven't really investigated this thoroughly yet, as I have
> important sleeping to do, but I was wondering if anybody else had seen
> behaviour like this?

What libcurl version are you using? The heuristic used to determine HTTP
version number changed in 7.19.1 so try the latest version if you aren't
already. libcurl will always use HTTP/1.0 when doing CONNECT requests, but
otherwise it should be using 1.1 when requested (as you are). Can you show
a log of a full authentication session that shows the problem?

>>> Dan