Re: NO_PROXY as an option for curl_easy_setopt

From: A. Craig West <acraigwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 17:12:40 -0500

While testing my previous patch, I discovered pre-existing bugs in the
handling of proxies and the noproxy list. The first bug is that the
code to force the protocol to http if the proxy only supported http
was only being called when we were getting the proxy settings from the
environment, but not when we used the curl_easy_setopt option. The
second bug involves the handling of the noproxy list itself. If the
proxy is disabled for the connection, we still have a number of flags
that are set that indicate that we ARE using a proxy. This has the
effect of breaking https connections to hosts that are listed in the
exception list. This updated version of the patch resets those flags,
and fixes the protocol if necessary.
-Craig