Re: Memory leak in libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:21:59 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, Huzaifa Al Nahas wrote:

> My previous post was hypothetical. To make myself clear, I was suggesting
> that if there is a global cleanup function for libcrypto, then calling it in
> the global curl cleanup functions could be a good fix to this memory leak. I
> will check with the open_ssl support to see if such a function exists.

libcrypto does not have a single cleanup function, it has several and as far
as I know we call every cleanup function OpenSSL offers and that we should
call:

  ERR_free_strings
  EVP_cleanup
  ENGINE_cleanup
  CRYPTO_cleanup_all_ex_data

The two latter ones don't exist in all versions though.

lib/ssluse.c:Curl_ossl_cleanup() shows you all this.

> PS: I am replying to the emails. Does that lead to top posts?

Replies can be done in numerous different styles. We prefer bottom-posting
inline replying.

See => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style