Re: NO_PROXY as an option for curl_easy_setopt

From: A. Craig West <acraigwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:41:42 -0500

2009/1/7 A. Craig West wrote:
> The current behaviour is consistent with other software, but I agree
> that it is not particularly useful. I can't think of any cases where
> you would want local.com to match notlocal.com, and I don't see any
> way at all to specify it to match both local.com and www.local.com,
> without matching www.notlocal.com as well. I'll do a patch for this
> tomorrow...

Here is the documentation comment for my new version of this:
Comma separated list of hostnames defining no-proxy zones. These should
match both hostnames directly, and hostnames within a domain. For example,
local.com will match local.com and www.local.com, but NOT notlocal.com or
www.notlocal.com. For compatibility with other implementations of this,
.local.com will be considered to be the same as local.com. A single * is
the only valid wildcard, and effectively disables the use of proxy.

If this patch is okay, it would be good to get it in to the next version...
-Craig