Re: couldn't resolve host s3.amazonaws.com

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:38:06 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Matthias Brantner wrote:

> the Amazon Web Services. With this library, I created a fuse-based file
> system for S3. It seems to work quite well. However, after doing a few
> hundred requests, libcurl suddenly starts to return the error code 6
> (CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST).

That's usually a sign of a socket/file descriptor leak.

> ==6168== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1019 in syscall socket()

...and so does this. File descriptor 1019 should be rare unless you've used
ulimit() to expand the number of file descriptors your process can deal with.
Have you?

I'm not aware of any such leaks within libcurl, which could imply that the
leak is caused by your app...

Also, libcurl4 is not a very specific libcurl version. 4 is just the ABI
number. What is the exact libcurl version you're using?