Re: Patch to allow GSSAPI authentication to a socks5 server
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:18:17 +0100 (CET)
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009, Markus Moeller wrote:
> Please find attached a patch to curl 7.19.2 which adds Socks5 GSSAPI
> authentication. It works on Unix and Windows.
Thanks a lot! Here follows my comments on it:
- FYI: it won't be included in 7.19.3 since we're in a feature freeze right
- don't you think the two options CURLOPT_SOCKS5_GSSAPI_SERVICE and
CURLOPT_SOCKS5_GSSAPI_NEC are better added as a 'proxytype' ? You can't
combine them with the other socks variations anyway, can you? And that's how
we currently select between SOCKS 4, 5, 4A and 5-hostname... Or will socks5
and socks5-hostname both still work with these?
- it uses #if [define] and #elif [define] on several places where it
should do #ifdef [define] and #elif defined([define]) to be clean
- it uses code wider than 80 columns at a few places
- library-internal globals should be prefixed Curl_, like blockread_all when
converted from being a static should probably be renamed to
Curl_blockread_all() or similar.
- there's no docs added for the new options, in neither libcurl nor curl
-- / daniel.haxx.seReceived on 2009-01-12