Re: libtool 2.2.6 confuses build log

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:13:17 -0800

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:48:48PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Ah, thanks for pointing it out. I've now removed that rule so it should no
> longer match those lines as errors. It seems this check was introduced not
> too long ago (see diff below). Dan F, you remember any more specific
> circumstances around the reason for this addition? I figure we need to
> make the pattern stricter if we still want it in there...

It was a year ago now and I don't recall the exact problem it was
highlighting at the time, but a quick grep through the libtool source shows
that this form of line is used for things like:

libtool: link: symbol file `x' does not exist
libtool: link: cannot find the library `x'

A few warnings actually say warning:, like this:

libtool: link: warning: complete static linking is impossible in this configuration

Perhaps a regex could be devised to show libtool: link: lines except those
that match the known benign ones such as are now cropping up.

>>> Dan