Curl and ODBC?????

From: <stevekbox-one_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:36:13 -0800 (PST)

Does thing even make sense? I have an app that uses libcurl to fetch data files, all in CSV format, from remote servers, ftp:, http: and even some file:. Now I need this app to get some data from an SQL Server database. I have no control over this database server. I was wondering if it would make any sense to add a way to use libcurl to read resultsets from a database via ODBC? I know I could change my app to access ODBC directly, but if this ability was in libcurl it would really simplify it. I'm willing to attempt an implemetation, but only if this is something that might make it into the standard release.

The exact format of the URL would need to be defined. Maybe something like this,
    odbc://user:password_at_server/?Driver={SQL Server};Query=Select * from Table
or
    odbc://server/?Driver={SQL Server};UID=sa;PWD=mypass

Then maybe be able to provide the text of a query from a file. Using the Curl command line,
    curl --upload-file MySql.txt odbc://server/?Driver={SQL Server};UID=sa;PWD=mypass

The results would be returned as CSV.

So does this even make sense?