Re: Binary of libcurl on Win64

From: your ishiro <your_ishiro2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:42:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello, Daniel Stenberg.

> But we maintain a download page where we host or link to all known
packaged binary and pre-compiled
> versions of curl and libcurl so if you
don't find your favourite flavour in that list then we're not familiar
of
> any reliable source of it! Then building it yourself is the way!

Thank you for a reply. I see what you said and I decided to compile libcurl.dll myself!!
It took time for beginner to investigate a way of source build.

These are what I did.

1. I downloaded source curl-7.19.3.zip from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html.
2. I extracted zip file into folder c:\tmp\curl-7.19.3
3. I clicked lib/vc6curl.dsw and launched VisualStudio 2005 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 64bit..
4. I click 'No' when dialog says "A Visual C++ project of the name 'curllib.vcproj' already exists
   in the current format. Would you like to load the existing project instead?"
5. I click 'Yes to All' when dialog says "The project 'curllib.dsp' must be converted to the current
   Visual C++ project format. After it has been converted, you will not be able to edit this project
   in previous version of Visual Studio. Convert and open this project?"
6. I changed Active solution configuration to 'DLL Release'.
7. I changed Active solution platform to 'x64'.
8. I built the solution.
9. I got these files with no error. I found libcurl.dll in dll-release folder!!

   lib/dll-release/libcurl.dll
                        :
   lib/x64/DLL Release/BuildLog.htm
                       libcurl.dll.intermediate.manifest
                       libcurl.res
                       mt.dep

9. I copyed a libcurl.dll into c:\WINDOWS\system32 folder.
10. I called a libcurl.dll from my custom C# application on Win64.

But next error occured...

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect
format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

I'm not sure if my libcurl.dll is compiled as 64bit application or not. I am glad if I could get some help.

--
Best regards.
ishiro