Re: Changing upload speed while a transfer is active

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:31:26 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Yoav Steinberg wrote:

> I'm using the easy api to upload files to a server (http). Upload speed is
> limited using CURLOPT_MAX_SEND_SPEED_LARGE. Is there any way (from a
> callback for example) to change the value of CURLOPT_MAX_SEND_SPEED_LARGE
> while upload is in progress?

We've discussed this in the past, and I think it might work. It hasn't really
been designed for it so there might be a small risk something odd will happen.
But you're welcome on working to reduce that risk and then we could clarify
this situation in the docs!

> If not, is there a way to achieve this functionality using the multi api?

The multi API supports those options too, in exactly the same way! You can
also "manually" pause and unpause transfers that allows you to more or less do
this limiting yourself if you like.