Re: Failed test cases

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:11:48 -0800

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 12:55:42AM +0200, Dobromir Velev wrote:
> I'm trying to compile curl 7.19.2 on CentOS 5.2 and for some reason I'm
> getting errors on the following test cases
>
> 602 603 608 610 611 612 614 624 625 627
>
> I tried running the tests separately with runtests.pl but I couldn;t find
> more info except that is SFTP related. SFTP works fine when I tested it
> with from the command line, so I was wondering where can I finf more
> information what this tests are doing and how to resolve this issue?

Try enabling debugging on the tests. You can run all the SFTP tests from
the command-line in verbose mode like this:

make test TEST_Q='-p -v SFTP'

> I have compiled curl on other machines with the same OS but hadn't
> stumbled on this before. Could it be some library that needs to be
> installed or updated?

The command above will stop on the first failing test case. Take a look at
the logs in the tests/log/ directory and see if you can spot the source of
the failure.

>>> Dan