Re: trouble with libcurl on Windows

From: Andrei Jakab <andrei.jakab_at_tut.fi>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:37:24 +0200

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Peter Soxberger wrote:

> curllib.lib(ldap.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__imp__ldap_msgfree" in Funktion "_Curl_ldap".
> curllib.lib(ldap.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__imp__ldap_next_entry" in Funktion "_Curl_ldap".

Ah the LDAP problem. I ran into this on myself a little while ago. You need
to add CURL_DISABLE_LDAP to you pre-processor list.
Here are step-by-step instructions that you need to follow when compiling
the curl library:
- Right-click on the curllib project in the Solution Explorer window and
select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Expand the Configuration Properties node, then the C/C++ node.
- Click on the General node and then on the Preprocessor node
- click on the Preprocessor Definitions property and add CURL_DISABLE_LDAP
to the existing items (make sure to separate this definition from the others
by a semi-colon)
This should fix your problem. Please note that you do this for both the
Debug and Release configurations.

Andrei