Re: NO_PROXY as an option for curl_easy_setopt

From: A. Craig West <acraigwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:12:31 -0500

2009/1/25 A. Craig West <acraigwest_at_gmail.com>:
> that doesn't require memory allocation. This would have been easier if
> strspn and strcspn were guaranteed to be available, but I didn't want
> to bother with using automake to determine if they were or not, so I
> implemented it using strchr and loops. As a special bonus, I synced

It turns out that strchr may also not be available on some systems, so
I am working out how to do the autmake stuff to check for these three
functions, and supply my own implementations if necessary (strchr is
trivial, if it isn't there, index is). I noticed while trying to do
this that we use to different methods to check for functions, one
would be to define my own CURL_CHECK_FUNC_STRCHR in
m4/curl-functions.m4, which manaually goes through the steps needed to
check for the function, and the other is to use AC_CHECK_FUNCS, which,
as far as I can tell, does the same thing. Is there any reason to do
this the hard way?
-Craig