Re: secur32.lib on Windows?

From: Lars Nilsson <chamaeleon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:37:02 -0500

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> What is secur32.lib and why do we need it with the GSSAPI change? Why didn't
> we need it before? Will it have any drawbacks for those who don't care about
> SOCKS support?

Presumably Markus Moeller would know the reason, but a quick search
yeilds that GetUserNameEx() and similar functions rely on
secur32.lib/dl. Maybe the use of this function or from that family of
functions is the reason. The documentation also says that Windows 2000
of some variety is the minimum requirement when using this library..
All speculation on my part, since I have no idea what's in the patch,
of course.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724435(VS.85).aspx

Lars Nilsson