LibCurl FTP upload is running very slowly..

From: Jonathan Morley <jmorley_at_serif.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:21:13 -0000

Hi,

Please may someone help me? I am trying to use LibCurl to replace WinInet in
a piece of software I’m maintaining. LibCurl works fine but is very, very
slow when doing any kind of FTP operation. It takes LibCurl over a minute to
transfer the same data that WinInet takes 4-5 seconds to transfer.

When I look at the live FTP server logs, I can see LibCurl is dropping and
remaking the connection to the FTP server each time it attempts to transfer
a file, and visibly pausing when it does so. It is doing this despite me
using the same Curl handle throughout the process and explicitly setting the
CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT and CURLOPT_FORBID_REUSE to 0, and the
CURLOPT_TCP_NODELAY to 1. Is there anything I need to do to make sure
LibCurl stays logged into the FTPServer across multiple curl_easy_perform
calls?

Cheers,

Jon