Re: SBUF_SIZE in ftp.c too small

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:22:23 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Markus Moeller wrote:

>> I think a 16K buffer is a tad bit much to use on the stack, so I would then
>> prefer some kind of allocated buffer for such a thing. The fact that
>> everything else works fine with 1K today hints that larger buffers are
>> rarely needed.
>
> If you use Kerberos with AD a normal bas 64 ticket is > 1600 bytes and if
> the user is a member of 100s of groups which is not anusual it gets still
> much bigger.

Right, I didn't mean to question the need for that size in this case, I was
just saying that 1K seems to work in all "normal" cases and 1K is about what I
would consider max to keep on the stack.

So for this command we clearly need to allocate the buffer on the heap
instead, and since we in fact already have an "upload buffer" allocated I'm
thinking we can re-use that buffer for this purpose...