Re: cURL bug -- Segmentation Fault when timeout is 1 second

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 08:50:48 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Daniel Marschall wrote:

> I fear that I cannot install it on my Debian server since it manages the
> packages by itself. With apt-get I downloaded the current stable package, I
> think.

Debian stable is always hopelessly lagging behind "modern" releases of a very
wide range of packages. libcurl is one example of this. I recommend installing
a newer version "on the side".

You reported a bug and and the bug is fixed in a more recent version. How did
you think the bug could be fixed that didn't require you to do some kind of
upgrade?

(and please don't top-post)