Re: cURL bug -- Segmentation Fault when timeout is 1 second

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 10:10:15 +0200

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Daniel Marschall wrote:
>
>> I fear that I cannot install it on my Debian server since it manages the
>> packages by itself. With apt-get I downloaded the current stable package, I
>> think.
>
> Debian stable is always hopelessly lagging behind "modern" releases of a
> very wide range of packages. libcurl is one example of this. I recommend
> installing a newer version "on the side".
>
> You reported a bug and and the bug is fixed in a more recent version. How
> did you think the bug could be fixed that didn't require you to do some kind
> of upgrade?

Well, in this case, I think Debian would normally backport the fix to
the version available in stable. So it seems the best thing to do is
for Daniel Marschall to send in a bug report to Debian's bug tracking
system about this, referencing this thread (if it is actually a bug in
the version of libcurl that comes with etch.) I thought the
conclusion was that Daniel Marschall was using the API incorrectly,
though? Or was that unrelated to the crash?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>