Re: cURL bug -- Segmentation Fault when timeout is 1 second

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:55:32 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Michael Wood wrote:

>> You reported a bug and and the bug is fixed in a more recent version. How
>> did you think the bug could be fixed that didn't require you to do some
>> kind of upgrade?
>
> Well, in this case, I think Debian would normally backport the fix to the
> version available in stable. So it seems the best thing to do is for Daniel
> Marschall to send in a bug report to Debian's bug tracking system about
> this, referencing this thread (if it is actually a bug in the version of
> libcurl that comes with etch.) I thought the conclusion was that Daniel
> Marschall was using the API incorrectly, though? Or was that unrelated to
> the crash?

No, that was just in the first example that wasn't quite the full code that
reproduced the problem properly.

With the follow-up code I posted it still crashes for mr Marschall but it
doesn't crash in my tests. Meaning that there's apparently a change done
between 7.15.5 and 7.18.x something that has fixed the problem... And I must
admit I don't recognize the problem so it didn't "ring any bells" in my mind
to what the specific fix might have been.