RE: cURL bug -- Segmentation Fault when timeout is 1 second

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:28:59 -0800

Daniel Marschall on February 06, 2009 2:16 PM:

> Thank you for information. I use this source now. Alas, I still get
the
> memory errors. Is it possible that my debian curl version is not able
> handle multiple http-calls at the same time (via detached threads)?
> Note:
> The buffer and other variables are not globals. I debug now over a
week
> and
> still don't know why the procedure crashes. When I comment out the
> http-call
> function, there is no crash.

If you use the getinmemory.c example *verbatim*, then you should
not see crashes related to the write callback.

"Handl[ing] multiple http-calls at the same time (via detached
threads)" is a generic description, so it's hard to tell if you
are breaking any libcurl thread rules.

Perhaps you could share your updated write callback mechanism code
and how you manage your multi-threaded libcurl application?

GaryM at Casabi