Re: Error in proxy connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:31:50 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Ranu Gontia wrote:

> I am trying to connect to google through proxy using curl client (curl.exe)

This list is more about the library, for curl issues we have the curl-users
list.

> Using "curl -ntml -u username -x myproxy:8080 --verbose
> http://www.google.co.in" command line argument.

I think you forgot to mention that you also used -p/--proxytunnel and used
proxy authentication! It will help if you shows us the same command line
that produced the HTTP dump you include...

> * Establish HTTP proxy tunnel to www.google.co.in:80
> * Proxy auth using Basic with user 'username'

There's the proxy auth, but using Basic.

>> CONNECT www.google.co.in:80 HTTP/1.0

And here we see it trying a "proxy tunnel" to the remote site on port 80,
which probably isn't allowed by the proxy. I suggest you try just "regular"
use first.

> < HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires
> authoriza
>
> < Proxy-Authenticate: Negotiate
> < Proxy-Authenticate: Kerberos
> < Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM

And this shows you need digest auth with the proxy, which your command line
didn't use.