Re: proxy question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 07:31:30 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Markus Moeller wrote:

> If I use curl with a proxy and the proxy name is a round robin address in
> which structure is the ip address of the procy connection stored ?

Internally, libcurl makes no real difference if the resolved host is a round
robin or not, nor does it care much if the resolve is done for a host or a
proxy. The address is stored in the 'connectdata' struct (and in the DNS
cache). Since it is the only connection and only resolve for that transfer.

The effect of course is that a round robin host will get "stuck" on the
particular address libcurl resolved until it (the proxy) has been kicked out
of the connection cache and the DNS cache.

Did it answer the question?