RE: Error in proxy connection

From: Ranu Gontia <ranu_gontia_at_persistent.co.in>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:01:56 +0530

-----Original Message-----
From: curl-library-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:curl-library-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Daniel Stenberg
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:00 PM
To: libcurl development
Subject: RE: Error in proxy connection

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Ranu Gontia wrote:

>> Following is the response from proxy server if select NTLM with the
proxy,
>> use the correct username and password and disable proxytunnel.

>> * Proxy auth using Basic with user 'proxyusername'

>> Proxy-Authorization: Basic

> No, this was Basic again and not NTLM.

> And again: what libcurl version are you using?

(Do note that your Authorization: Basic lines include your user name and
password for the entire world to see.)

I have set NTLM through following code
curl_easy_setopt(curlhandle, CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH, CURLAUTH_NTLM);
still it is showing basic authentication.

I think this value is not set in the library.

Thanks,
Ranu