Re: CURLOPT_SSLENGINE and smartcard

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:10:38 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Fletcher Liverance wrote:

> Does curl support allowing the smartcard to handle the private key in this
> way, and is this the correct way to do it?

libcurl supports the ENGINE stuff in openssl at least. My impression of that
is that it is related to external hardware such as smartcards.

> Second, what is the "identifier passed to the engine"? The libcurl docs
> don't go into detail on it, and I haven't been able to find any examples
> online of libcurl being used in this fashion.

I can only recommend that you read up the source code and the openssl docs and
then work out how to use the combo (and once it works you can help us extend
the docs). The docs we show is the docs we have, and I personally know
absolutely nothing about this area.

I'd say very few libcurl users wonder in those dusty corners...