Re: LIbcurl 7.19.3. header incorrectly excludes Windows 2000 as a VS2008 target

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:43:04 +0100

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Pierre Joye wrote:
>
>>> Given the proably rather small amount of users who do build for Win2000
>>> with VS2008 I figure this issue is not too sensitive.
>>
>> It is more about the amount of users who will run these binaries on
>> Windows 2000. VS2008 does support 2000 (as well as the platform SDK 6.1).
>
> Well that's more or less what I meant. We don't ship any binaries at all so
> then someone else would build them and thus I speak of such "others" that
> use VS2008 and run on Win2000.
>
>>> Anyone with a strong opinion on either way and care to write up the
>>> patch?
>>> (the previous one didn't feature a descriptive comment)
>>
>> For example, in PHP we support windows 2000 and later in 5.3 and will move
>> the lowers version to something more recent in 6.0.
>
> Sorry, but I don't understand your position on this matter based on that!

I do not have any, the only question is: do you want to support
windows 2000? :)

I would suggest to keep 2k/xp support for 0.19.x and move to a newer
version for 0.20.x. Doing so bring less issues as current users will
benefit from bug fixes in the 0.19.x branch.

Cheers,

--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org