Re: LIbcurl 7.19.3. header incorrectly excludes Windows 2000 as a VS2008 target

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:57:13 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Pierre Joye wrote:

> the only question is: do you want to support windows 2000? :)

Sure, why not?

> I would suggest to keep 2k/xp support for 0.19.x and move to a newer version
> for 0.20.x. Doing so bring less issues as current users will benefit from
> bug fixes in the 0.19.x branch.

I assume you mean 7.19.x and 7.20.x, but can you explain to me what the
benefits are for us to drop the win2000 support?

First, we're only right now in this thread talking about using VS2008 to build
for win2000, so even if VS2008 won't be able to do it (by our choice or by
other limitations) I don't see why other compilers couldn't.

I don't think we face any greater burdens today by "supporting" win2000 so the
biggest change in my view would be that the (few?) users of such systems
wouldn't be able to keep up with the libcurl development with no significant
gain to us.